Thursday, August 11, 2005

Just got back from Fratton Park

I have just got back from Fratton Park. It was very busy down there with the double excitement of the new home kit launch and the start of the demolition work.

There was lots of media interest with Sky beaming live images of the event on Sky Sports News. There was also TV crews from Meridian and BBC. I was asked to do an interview for BBC but declined the offer as I am a wimp!

I took the opportunity to get my new home shirt. It’s much better than I thought it would be. It’s the best Pompey kit I have owned. One point to note; It says Jako on the front, but has a Pompey Sport label inside. Now the kits are lying to us!

The buildings have now started to come down. I was the first supporter there (got there way too early) so I had a chance to talk to the demolishers. They told me that the old supporters club building should be down by the end of the day!!

They also said it will only take one mouth to completely demolish everything that needs taking down. So it should not be long before we see some signs of the new North stand being built.

Today is a great day to be a Pompey fan!

Play up Pompey :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home